Software Developer 2 – GIS Web Platform
3vGeomatics (3vG) provides a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging technology. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, collaborative, and supportive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. The foundation of 3vG’s success is our employees, and we’re looking for a candidate to be a significant part of future growth. This is a hybrid location-based role with the office located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
3vGeomatics (www.3vGeomatics.com) is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, which started in 2007. 3vG employs state-of-the-art InSAR techniques to detect millimeter-scale ground displacement using SAR satellites, in orbit, hundreds of kilometers away. We strive to create and deliver data products that make a positive impact on people around the world.
Our products improve safety and help avert disasters for clients in a diverse set of industries and applications, including: mining, oil and gas, pipelines, landslide prediction and detection, urban planning, and permafrost monitoring. We are constantly updating and refining our image processing tools, processing environment, analysis techniques, and products. 3vG has a reputation for quality and speed, which requires finding robust technical solutions that are efficiently scalable.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, region/belief, sexual orientation, or age. We build teams that share a common drive for excellence in their work and an ability to find creative solutions to an expanding landscape of new technical challenges. We strive to create a collaborative atmosphere of generosity, both within the company and as our products and services
reach out into the world.
Our customers use our web-based platform, Motionary, to interact and interpret the data we provide. We are looking for a team member to support the ongoing development and maintenance of 3vG’s web tools, APIs, and product delivery systems. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in web development, API design, testing and development best practices.
The following skills are required for this position:
- Solid understanding of design principles, software testing and development best practices with a focus in full-stack web development
- Experience with Python development (we use Django in our backend)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, their design and security best practices
- Experience with Docker and continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Formal education in a technical degree such as Computer Science or Engineering with 2+ years industry experience
- Self-starter who is willing to fill any gaps in their knowledge
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Knowledge in the following are also desirable and considered a bonus to this role:
- Exposure to GIS technologies (ArcGIS/ArcPy, QGIS, FME etc.)
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure
What 3vG Offers:
- $95,000 – $110,000 base salary range. Annual bonuses.
- Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
- Flexible work schedule/hours.
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations, learning/book funds, internal promotions.
- Small company flexibility and autonomy.
We invite you to submit your resume at [email protected].