Senior InSAR Analyst
Are you looking to join a tech company that can challenge and support you as you take the next step in your InSAR career?
3v Geomatics (3vG) provides a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of an emergent technology. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for a candidate to be a significant part of future growth because we believe the foundation of 3vG’s success is our employees.
3vG is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, which started in 2007. 3vG employs state-of-the-art InSAR techniques to detect millimetric ground displacement using SAR satellites 1000 km away. We strive to create products that will make a positive impact on people around the world.
Our clients are based in a diverse set of industries and applications, including mining, oil & gas, pipelines, landslide prediction and detection, urban planning and permafrost monitoring. We are constantly updating and refining our image processing tools, processing environment, analysis techniques, and products. 3vG focuses on quality and speed, which involves having a robust technical solution to extract the most relevant information from every dataset.
We need the best people to improve our technology, and drive its implementation. Each InSAR application has unique issues, which requires all of our staff to have strong problem-solving skills.
We are looking for individuals with a strong background in InSAR development and analysis, including experience developing processing chains, implementing advanced algorithms, and testing outcomes. You will help develop the next generation of InSAR tools in order to deliver timely and relevant information to our clients. The senior InSAR Analyst is expected to make an important contribution to our growing technical capacity and overall business.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive forward 3vG’s InSAR monitoring capabilities
- Process and analyze InSAR datasets for a diverse set of monitoring projects
- Develop and implement InSAR algorithms
- Explore and develop approaches to improve products
- Write efficient and maintainable software suitable for automation and capable of handling big data
- Support business development and existing customers through proposals, preparing demonstrations and meeting with customers
- Have a good awareness of the wider InSAR community and cutting-edge research
- Communicate well, either in a technical capacity or to a lay audience
The successful candidate will have an InSAR related PhD and/or Postdoc, and a background in either math, geography, computer science, physics or engineering. They will join a focused technical team and will have most of the following skills:
- InSAR related research and development
- Strong development in Python, and/or array programming languages
- Wide experience processing InSAR datasets
- Experience in image processing or signal processing
- High proficiency with Linux, especially in the command line environment
- Experience with GIS and mapping software
Knowledge in the following are also desirable and considered a bonus to this role:
- Geomechanical or geotechnical knowledge
- Surveying and geodesy
- C / C++ development
- High-Performance Computing
- Machine Learning
The Work Environment
At 3vG, you will be challenged to perform your best while working alongside a strong and supportive team in an open and collaborative environment. Constant learning is the norm and your role will grow as you expand your capabilities. The work environment includes a diverse group of employees from around the world, social events, flexible hours, and a secure area for bike commuters.
We invite you to submit your resume at careers@3vGeomatics.com.