Remote Sensing Applications Specialist
3v Geomatics (“3vG”) was founded in January 2008 in British Columbia and has been focused on operational Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar applications. 3vG uses Radar satellite images to measure changes on the Earth’s surface for operational decision making. 3vG develops software and image processing algorithms to monitor infrastructure and ground movement precisely and reliably. The SAR images are processed using 3vG proprietary technology to generate millimetre-level displacement measurements of the surface of the Earth. We extract all relevant information from the images and provide it to our clients.
In recent years, 3vG has invested heavily in research and development to advance our technology and take a leadership role in exploiting the technology. Our strength has been translating cutting-edge research into operational technology and actionable information for our clients. Our clients are based in North America, South America, Asia, Africa, and Australia and they operate in the mining, pipeline, oil and gas, and urban infrastructure industries.
We are constantly updating and refining our image processing tools, analysis techniques, and products. 3vG places an emphasis on processing precision and speed, and having a robust technical solution to extract the most relevant information from every dataset.
We need the best people to implement and improve our technology. Each of our applications have unique issues and require all of our staff to have strong problem-solving skills.
Summary of the Position:
The Remote Sensing Applications Specialist position will be part of our Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar operations team.
- Analyze and interpret remotely sensed synthetic aperture radar data;
- Model radar phase signals to isolate displacement estimates;
- Explore and develop new techniques to improve products;
- Use geographic information systems to display displacement results;
- Prepare and ingest geospatial data to derive Digital Elevation Models; and
- Support business development through proposals, preparing demonstrations, and meeting with customers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in cartography, geography, geographic information systems or a related discipline;
- Recent work or academic experience from the past five years in remotely sensed imagery;
- Minimum 6 months of recent experience from the past two years with synthetic aperture radar data and processing;
- Experience in managing, analyzing and interpreting Interferometric synthetic aperture radar data from ingestion to displacement products;
- Advanced Linux terminal use;
- Experience with Python programming and Linux shell scripting;
- Familiarity with space geodetic concepts and coordinate reference frames; and
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The annual base salary depends on the candidate’s level of experience. The range is from CAD$72,800 to CAD$80,000 per year, plus a performance bonus of up to 10% of the base salary based on the Company’s bonus policy.
- 15 vacation days per year;
- Health and Dental;
- Extended healthcare; and,
- BC Medical Service Plan premiums paid by the Company.
Language of Work:
Location of Work:
Based in our office in Vancouver, British Columbia, located at 200 – 2233 Columbia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Y 0M6.
Full Time, Permanent Position.
As soon as possible.
- NOC Group: 2255
- NOC Job Title: Technical Occupations in Geomatics and Meteorology.
Attention: Agnes Sikora, Human Resources Manager
200 – 2233 Columbia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Y 0M6.
Tel: (604) 568-9282
Email: [email protected]