3v Geomatics Inc. (3vG) is looking to add new members specializing in automation to our development team.
3v Geomatics is a fast-growing tech company in Vancouver, British Columbia. 3vG uses radar satellite images to measure changes on the Earth’s surface for operational decision making. We develop software and image processing algorithms to monitor infrastructure and ground movement precisely and reliably. We strive to use our products to make a positive impact on people around the world. 3vG processes radar imagery collected throughout the world and tackles interesting problems on multiple levels: algorithm development and generality, software acceleration, and system scalability. We have developed our own hardware cluster comprising CPU/GPU nodes for processing radar big data. We invest significantly in ongoing research & development to improve our products.
Scaling 3vG’s applications and workflows requires increasingly higher levels of acceleration and automation. The successful candidate will work with our research and development teams to identify opportunities for acceleration and automation within radar image processing chains and help maintain current systems. The position is flexible based on the candidate’s background and interests; we are looking for self-directed individuals who can drive improvements to software as needed. 3vG has a small but exceptional development team – we’re looking for individuals who will have a big impact within the team, and possibly lead initiatives. A strong background in HPC, distributed/parallel computing, and a solid understanding of software design principles are a requirement. Successful candidates will have a technical degree in a field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.
The following skills are required for this position:
● Able to provide specific examples of problems identified and solved to make improvements to
● Experience planning and leading initiatives
● 3+ years of development experience in one of Python, C++, Java
● Experience with Devops Tools (Jenkins, CI/CD, Service Monitoring)
● Linux/UNIX operating system concepts (processes, signals, sockets, …)
● Quick-learner with analytical ability
Knowledge in the following are also desirable and considered a bonus to this role:
● Experience with compute clusters (preferably Linux-based) and job scheduling
● Software engineering in a research environment
● Experience in django/web development
● Containers (docker or lxc)
● Profiling, accelerating, and automating data processing toolchains
● Development experience in a multi-disciplinary team
What 3vG Offers:
● Competitive salary. Annual bonuses. Stock appreciation rights.
● Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
● Flexible work schedule/hours.
● Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations, learning/book funds, internal
● Small company flexibility and autonomy.
We invite you to email your resume to [email protected].