Software Developer – GIS Delivery Systems
3v Geomatics (3vG) provides a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging technology. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for a candidate to be a significant part of future growth because we believe the foundation of 3vG’s success is our employees.
3v Geomatics (www.3vGeomatics.com) is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, which started in 2007. 3vG employs state-of-the-art InSAR techniques to detect millimeter-scale ground displacement using SAR satellites, on orbit, thousands of kilometers away. We strive to create products that will make a positive impact on people around the world. Our clients are based in a diverse set of industries and applications, including: mining; oil and gas;
pipelines; landslide prediction and detection; and urban planning and permafrost monitoring. We are constantly updating and refining our image processing tools, processing environment, analysis techniques, and products. 3vG focuses on quality and speed, which involves having a robust technical solution to extract the most relevant information from every dataset. We need the best people to improve our technology, and drive its implementation. We require all
of our staff to have strong problem-solving skills.
Our customers use a wide variety of 3rd-party software that require the integration of our data products. Through using system-to-system APIs, data extraction and file generation we aim to seamlessly integrate into their existing workflows, guided by industry-accepted standards. We are looking for an individual to support the realization of this ambitious goal and to assist in the development and maintenance of 3vG’s internal and external APIs, and product delivery systems. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in web development, API design, testing and development best practices.
The following skills are required for this position:
- Solid understanding of design principles, software testing and development best practices with a focus in full-stack web development
- Experience with Python development (we use Django in our backend)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, their design and security best practices
- Experience with Docker and continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Formal education in a technical degree such as Computer Science or Engineering with 3+years industry experience
- Self-starter who is able to independently fill any gaps in their knowledge
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Knowledge in the following are also desirable and considered a bonus to this role:
- Exposure to GIS technologies (ArcGIS/ArcPy, QGIS, FME etc.)
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure
What 3vG Offers:
- Competitive salary. Annual bonuses
- Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
- Flexible work schedule/hours.
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations, learning/book funds, internal promotions.
- Small company flexibility and autonomy.
The Work Environment
At 3vG, you will be challenged to perform your best while working alongside a strong and supportive team in a fun, casual, open and collaborative environment. Constant learning is the norm and your role will grow as you expand your capabilities. The work environment includes a diverse group of employees from around the world, flexible hours, social events, a healthy work/life balance, and a secure bike area for two-wheeled commuters. We believe that the foundation of 3vG’s success is our employees.
We are centrally located in Vancouver, near Broadway and Cambie.