Site Reliability Engineer 2 – Core Systems
3vGeomatics (3vG) provides a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging technology. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, collaborative, and supportive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. The foundation of 3vG’s success is our employees, and we’re looking for a candidate to be a significant part of future growth. This is a hybrid location-based role with the office located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
3vGeomatics (www.3vGeomatics.com) is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, which started in 2007. 3vG employs state-of-the-art InSAR techniques to detect millimeter-scale ground displacement using SAR satellites, in orbit, hundreds of kilometers away. We strive to create and deliver data products that make a positive impact on people around the world.
Our products improve safety and help avert disasters for clients in a diverse set of industries and applications, including: mining, oil and gas, pipelines, landslide prediction and detection, urban planning, and permafrost monitoring. We are constantly updating and refining our image processing tools, processing environment, analysis techniques, and products. 3vG has a reputation for quality and speed, which requires finding robust technical solutions that are efficiently scalable.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, region/belief, sexual orientation, or age. We build teams that share a common drive for excellence in their work and an ability to find creative solutions to an expanding landscape of new technical challenges. We strive to create a collaborative atmosphere of generosity, both within the company and as our products and services reach out into the world.
At the core of 3vGeomatics are automated systems for downloading, categorizing, and processing InSAR data in a maintainable and performant way. These core systems make up the platform used by our operations team to process petabytes of InSAR data. In addition, the core team is responsible for leading software engineering best practices across the company. The successful candidate will join the core systems team and work closely with IT, R&D, and Software Engineering to further develop and maintain the software infrastructure for these essential services.
The following skills are required for this position:
- Familiarity with provisioning and configuration management tools: puppet, chef, ansible, saltstack, vagrant, etc.
- Basic Bash and Python scripting knowledge
- Basic Linux system administration knowledge
- Self-starter who is able to independently fill any gaps in their knowledge
- 4+ years of professional experience
Knowledge in the following are also desirable and considered a bonus to this role:
- Comfortable building and configuring applications from source code
- Experience working with job schedulers: Gridengine, Slurm, etc.
- Knowledge of container systems/hypervisors: Docker, firecracker, LXC, LXD, kvm, qemu
- Experience in software package management, Linux distro specific or agnostic: RPM, DEB, python virtual environments, etc.
- Familiarity with scientific/engineering/technical/HPC software development environment
- Experience working with petabyte-scale data systems
What 3vG Offers:
- $95000-$110000/year salary. Annual bonuses.
- Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
- Flexible work schedule/hours.
- Hybrid work model.
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations, learning/book funds, internal promotions.
- Small company flexibility and autonomy.
We invite you to submit your resume at [email protected].