Senior Software Developer
If you’re looking for a company that offers a challenging yet supportive work environment as you take the next step in your career, joining 3v Geomatics Inc. (3vG) provides that rare opportunity! The foundation of 3vG’s success is our employees. With perks such as working from home, we believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for a candidate to be a significant part of 3vG’s future growth!
3vG is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Founded in 2008, we are 40+ employees, privately owned, serving clients in more than 30 countries. 3vG uses radar satellite images acquired 800 km above the earth to detect and measure millimeter-scale changes on the Earth’s surface. Using proprietary software and processing algorithms, 3vG monitors infrastructure and ground displacement with high accuracy and reliability. We strive to use our products to make a positive impact on the world by improving safety and averting environmental accidents.
Our applications include monitoring mine sites, pipeline right of ways, landslides along critical transportation corridors, urban areas for ground subsidence and bridge displacement, and permafrost for impacts associated with climate change.
We are looking for a software development expert with strong interpersonal and mentorship skills to lead our design team. The successful candidate will have a formal education in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent, with 10+ years of hands-on development experience for live user-facing systems. He or she will have a passion for software development as demonstrated through past work experience.
The following skills and experience are highly sought for this position:
- Solid understanding of programming, design principles and software testing
- Expert-level programming ability in Python/C++/CUDA or equivalent languages
- Software team lead experience using proper software development practices
- Development and deployment in a Linux-based data processing farm
- Demonstrated initiative to improve software, systems, and processes
- Development experience within a multi-disciplinary team
- Familiarity with working in a CI environment
- Familiarity with on-premises object storage APIs
- Experience working in an environment with redundant load-balanced data centers
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Enforce coding standards and software dev practices; take charge of overall code quality
- Take the lead on solving scaling problems
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers to build their technical skills
- Oversee software projects through inception, design, implementation, and maintenance
- Work across departments (Ops, R&D, IT) to support development on existing and new products
- Hire junior and intermediate developers to grow the development team
- Present project plans and progress to management
- Plan and oversee the migration from posix file storage to object storage
- Manage expansion into multiple data centers
The Work Environment
At 3vG, you will be challenged to perform your best and develop your skills in an open and collaborative environment. Your role will grow as you expand your capabilities. You will be expected to contribute to a strong and supportive team where constant learning is the norm. Candidates must reside and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The Company environment includes a diverse group of employees from around the world, flexible hours, work social events, and a secure area for bike commuters.
We invite you to submit your resume at careers@3vGeomatics.com.