3vGeomatics is looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience to join our sales team supporting the midstream and upstream sectors. As a Sales Representative, you will report to the Senior Sales Manager, Oil and Gas. The primary focus will be for generating and qualifying leads and to support overall sales activities. Strong writing skills for proposal preparation and communication are required. Relevant experience in midstream, geotechnical and remote sensing sectors is an asset.
3vGeomatics, founded in 2007, is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Using proprietary software and processing algorithms, we analyze radar satellite images acquired 800km above the Earth to detect and measure millimeter-scale ground and infrastructure displacement.
Our technology and products are used to increase safety, prevent environmental accidents, and help maintain operational efficiency. More specifically, we monitor landslides, glaciers, and permafrost for government agencies, provide actionable intelligence to mining, oil & gas companies to prevent failures. We strive to use our technology to make a positive impact around the world.
We are a focused team of over 50 people who have backgrounds in astrophysics, advanced mathematics, computer science, engineering and sales. We provide a supportive, challenging, fun and work environment. We trust in our employee’s capabilities and motivation and give them significant autonomy on when, what, and how they work. Our market is growing, our company is profitable, and we provide share appreciation rights to our employees.
● Generating and qualifying leads with oil and gas operators and midstream companies
● Leading proposal preparation and writing, including gather key information from technical staff
● Generating leads and partnerships with engineering companies
● Booking meetings and presentations
● Networking, including supporting participation in conferences
● Tracking, following up and closing opportunities
● Account management including recommendations of expansion and new services to our customers
● Developing and maintaining relationships with customers and partners
● Utilization of CRM tool to track leads
● Supporting marketing through material preparation and content
Skill and Experience
● Experience with geotechnical engineering, midstream operations or remote sensing an asset
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Self-motivation with a personable attitude
● Eagerness to learn
● Some travel will be required
● Ability to work remotely with excellent time management skills
● Excellent customer service skills
● Honesty and dedication, with a character that is aligned with 3vGeomatics’s vision and values
● Ability to demonstrate initiative and success in business development
● GIS skills an asset
● Diploma or degree in a related field (engineering technology, commerce, geotechnical, geography etc.)
What 3vG Offers
- Competitive salary. Annual bonuses.
- Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
- Flexible work schedule/hours.
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations.
- Small company flexibility and autonomy.
The Work Environment
At 3vG, you will be challenged to perform your best and develop your skills in an open and collaborative environment. You will be expected to contribute to a strong and supportive team where constant learning is the norm. Candidates must reside and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We are centrally located in Vancouver, near Broadway and Cambie.
The Company environment includes a diverse group of employees from around the world, flexible hours, work social events, and a secure area for bike commuters.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent