3vGeomatics Inc. (3vG) is looking to add a key member to our growing team.
3vGeomatics (www.3vGeomatics.com) is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Founded in 2007, we are 35+ employees, privately owned, and serve clients operating in more than 30 countries. 3vG uses radar satellite images acquired 800 km above the earth to detect and measure millimeter-scale changes on the Earth’s surface. Using proprietary software and processing algorithms, 3vG monitors infrastructure and ground displacement with high accuracy and reliability. We strive to use our products to make a positive impact on the world by improving safety and averting environmental accidents.
Our applications include monitoring mine sites, pipeline right of ways, landslides along critical transportation corridors, urban areas for ground subsidence and bridge displacement, and permafrost for impacts associated with climate change.
Our business continues to expand, as do our staffing requirements. We are looking for an experienced HR manager to help direct the hiring and onboarding of new employees, as well as to administer traditional HR services for all 3vG personnel. The position would be our first human resources hire. We are blessed with a great staff, very low turnover and a dynamic, challenging working environment. The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and possess strong functional knowledge of effective HR business processes. Our core technology is rather niche, and we have had recruiting success by being flexible and creative. Key parts of the role will include:
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Partnering with managers and executives to determine staffing needs
- Collect input on technical and business development job requirements and help draft job postings
- Interface with recruitment agencies as required
- Source, screen, and evaluate candidates
- Organize interview stages
- Track candidates, responses and outcomes
- Present job offers
- Coordinate onboarding with managers, colleagues, IT etc.
- Provide company overview for new staff and explain relevant policies
- Maintain HR calendar: start dates, new staff check ins, anniversaries
- Develop appropriate policies for our company size and culture (travel, vacation etc.)
- Coordinate HR staff benefits with third party provider
- Manage staff reviews, get input from staff, setup & document meetings, circulate summary
- Maintain HR records
- Coordinate & track vacation and sick time
- Review salaries internally and externally
- Initiate training and professional development programs for staff
- Issue and maintain equity plans for employees The following qualifications are required for this role:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience (preference as a generalist)
- Technical recruitment experience a bonus
- A track record of creative problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive matters of a confidential nature
- Demonstrated ability to provide conflict resolution to matters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The Work Environment
At 3vG, you will be challenged to perform your best and develop your skills in an open and collaborative environment. You will be expected to contribute to a strong and supportive team where constant learning is the norm. We invite you to submit your resume.