3v Geomatics (3vG) is looking to add a new member to our products development team. We believe in developing everyone’s potential in a fun, passionate, and proactive environment that promotes open communication and a healthy work/life balance. We’re looking for a candidate to be a significant part of future growth because we believe the foundation of 3vG’s success is our employees.
3v Geomatics (www.3vGeomatics.com) is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, which started in 2007. 3vG employs state-of-the-art InSAR techniques to detect millimeter-scale ground displacement using SAR satellites, on orbit, thousands of kilometers away. We strive to create products that will make a positive impact on people around the world. Our clients are based in a diverse set of industries and applications, including: mining; oil and gas; pipelines; landslide prediction and detection; and urban planning and permafrost monitoring.
We are constantly updating and refining our image processing tools, processing environment, analysis techniques, and products. 3vG focuses on quality and speed, which involves having a robust technical solution to extract the most relevant information from every dataset.
3vG’s products development team is looking for individuals who are interested in leading projects and creating an impact within the team. The products development team is made up of software developers that focus on turning the results of our data processing into intuitive and accessible products for our clients. We design and develop products that can be integrated with a wide variety of 3rd-party software that our clients use. We aim to seamlessly integrate into their existing workflows, guided by industry-accepted standards. We are looking for an individual to be involved in the complete product development cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing, maintenance, and support).
The following skills and experience are highly sought in this position:
- Strong development experience with Python
- Experience with relational databases such as SQLite
- Degree in Computer Science, GIS, or Engineering with 3+ years industry experience
- Quick-learner with analytical ability
- Experience planning and leading initiatives
- Solid understanding of design principles, software testing and development best practices
- Self-starter who is able to independently fill any gaps in their knowledge
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent analytical skills
Following skills and experience are a bonus:
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience with GIS software (QGIS, ArcGIS, ..)
- Experience with source code control such as Git
- Experience with python scientific packages such as Numpy, Matplotlib, etc and geospatial packages such as GDAL
What 3vG Offers:
- Competitive salary. Annual bonuses.
- Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
- Flexible work schedule/hours.
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations, learning/book funds, internal promotions.
- Small company flexibility and autonomy.
The Work Environment
At 3vG, you will be challenged to perform your best and develop your skills in an open and collaborative environment. You will be expected to contribute to a strong and supportive team where constant learning is the norm.
3vG are strong advocates of a healthy and flexible working environment. Our awesome staff are welcoming, social and aim to take advantage of our location.
We are centrally located in Vancouver. If safe to do so, employees will be expected to work from the office for some portion of the working week, especially for the first few months.
The Company environment includes a diverse group of employees from around the world, flexible hours, work social events, and a secure area for bike commuters. We invite you to submit your resume and a cover letter.
We invite you to email your resume to [email protected]