Finance and Accounting Manager
3vGeomatics (“3vG”) has an opening for a Finance & Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate is a CPA with experience in financial reporting, Canadian tax, internal controls, and Canadian payroll.
3vGeomatics, founded in 2007, is a fast-growing tech company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Using proprietary software and processing algorithms, we analyze radar satellite images acquired 800km above the Earth to detect and measure millimeter-scale ground and infrastructure displacement.
Our technology and products are used to increase safety, prevent environmental accidents, and help maintain operational efficiency. More specifically, we monitor landslides, glaciers, and permafrost for government agencies, provide actionable intelligence to mining, oil & gas companies to prevent failures. We strive to use our technology to make a positive impact around the world.
We are a focused team of over 50 people who have backgrounds in astrophysics, advanced mathematics, computer science, engineering and sales. We provide a supportive, challenging, fun and work environment. We trust in our employee’s capabilities and motivation and give them significant autonomy on when, what, and how they work. Our market is growing, our company is profitable, and we provide share appreciation rights to our employees.
We are seeking a Finance & Accounting Manager to develop and maintain a systems of accounting policies and procedures and enforce internal controls to protect company assets. The candidate will ensure confidential and private financial information is properly handled and work cross-functionally with other teams and departments as necessary.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Oversee preparation and dissemination of invoices to clients
- Receive, verify, record and process payments from clients
- Tracking accounts receivable and follow-up with clients as appropriate
- Manage and lead the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial results with supporting information.
- Review and approve monthly journal entries
- Lead the development of the company’s annual budget and then analyze and investigate budget variances with reports provided to management
- Oversee the preparation of our regulatory and compliance remittances and reporting requirements (i.e., Corporate taxes, Employer Health Tax, WorkSafeBC, GST, etc.)
- Manage the annual external audit process and liaise with the Company’s external accounting firm
- Maintain relationships with the Company’s banks and other financial service providers
- Manage financial forecasting and cash flow requirements
- Lead the development of the Company’s annual application for a SR&ED tax credit in collaboration with external accountant and senior management.
- Ensure confidential and private financial information is handled with discretion and professionalism
Skill and Experience
- A university degree with a specialization in business, commerce, or accounting
- A recognized accounting designation is required (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 4+ years of proven accounting experience
- Proficiency with MS Office and experience using accounting software
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (ASPE or IFRS)
- Strong time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on innovation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passionate about taking on new challenges, dealing with complexity and driving innovation
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
What 3vG Offers
- Competitive salary. Annual bonuses.
- Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
- Flexible work schedule/hours.
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations.
- Small company flexibility and autonomy.
The Work Environment
At 3vG, you will be challenged to perform your best and develop your skills in an open and collaborative environment. You will be expected to contribute to a strong and supportive team where constant learning is the norm. Candidates must reside and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We are centrally located in Vancouver, near Broadway and Cambie.
The Company environment includes a diverse group of employees from around the world, flexible hours, work social events, and a secure area for bike commuters.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent