DevOps Engineer (January 2020)
3vGeomatics (“3vG”) is looking to add a new member specializing in CI/CD and cloud service management to our development team.
3v Geomatics (“3vG”) is a fast-growing tech company in Vancouver, British Columbia.
3vG uses radar satellite images to measure changes on the Earth’s surface for operational decision making.
We develop software and image processing algorithms to monitor infrastructure and ground movement precisely and reliably. We strive to use our products to make a positive impact on people around the world.
3vG processes radar imagery collected throughout the world and tackles interesting problems on multiple levels: algorithm development and generality, software acceleration, and system scalability.
We have developed our own hardware cluster comprising CPU/GPU nodes for processing radar big data. We invest significantly in ongoing research & development to improve our products.
Scaling 3vG’s applications and workflows requires increasingly higher levels of acceleration and automation.
The successful candidate will work with our software development team to identify opportunities for improved stability and observability within our software infrastructure as well as maintain current systems.
We are looking for self-directed individuals who can drive improvements as needed.
3vG has a small but exceptional development team – we are looking for individuals who will have a big impact within the team, and possibly lead initiatives.
A strong background in DevOps engineering, cloud systems, and software deployments is a requirement. Successful candidates will have a technical degree in a field such as Computer Science or Engineering.
The following skills and experience are highly sought in this position:
- Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, CI/CD, Service Monitoring)
- Containers (Docker/Kubernetes/Rancher)
- Cloud services
- Quick-learner with analytical ability
Bonus Experience and Skills:
- Linux/UNIX operating system concepts (processes, signals, sockets, …)
- Proficiency in one of Python, C++, Java
- Experience with compute clusters (preferably Linux-based) and job scheduling (SGE/Slurm/…)
- Working in a research environment or multidisciplinary team
What 3vG Offers:
- Competitive salary. Annual bonuses. Stock appreciation rights.
- Extended health benefits from day one. Annual health spending account.
- Flexible work schedule/hours.
- Investment in your career: conferences, professional designations, learning/book funds, internal promotions.
- Small company flexibility and autonomy.
We invite you to email your resume to [email protected]