The following policy outlines the steps that 3vGeomatics are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. It also acts as a reminder of pre-existing policies that are especially pertinent during the pandemic. This is an active policy which is subject to change with the introduction of additional government guidelines.
- Work from home unless it is essential to go into the office.
Notifications of company-wide updates:
- Any updates to existing covid practices during the pandemic will be communicated to all staff via 3vG Announcements on Slack and via email.
- Hand sanitiser, desk sanitiser spray and disposable face masks are provided by 3vG for all employees and visitors to the office
- All staff who are working from the office should wash hands and/or sanitise on arrival
- Masks should be worn while walking to and from the desk.
- The communal kitchen remains closed to all staff who are working from the office
- Employees should provide own utensils if bringing lunch from home
- Additional in-depth office cleaning is taking place on a daily basis
- Employee desks are allocated so that they are at least 2 metres apart
- Any requests for changes to current in-office schedule need to be made through HR ([email protected]).
- Visitors are prohibited or limited in the workplace.
- 3vG is committed to making sure that all employees who are working from home are able to so effectively and comfortably.
- Employees working remotely are able to take equipment home, as long as there has been a prior discussion and agreement with the IT manager ([email protected]).
- Now more than ever, it is important that employees take steps to maintain good physical and mental health.
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, request sick leave or work from home.
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days must self-isolate at home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can return to the office only after you’ve fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
- If you come into contact with someone who is infected by COVID-19, stay at home. You’ll only be permitted to return to the office 10 calendar days after your family member has fully recovered, provided that you’re asymptomatic or you have a doctor’s note confirming you don’t have the virus. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- If you have been identified by Public Health as a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or have been directed by Public Health to self-isolate, you must stay home.
Sick in the Office:
- Sick workers should be asked to wash or sanitize their hands, provided with a mask, and isolated. The worker will be asked to go straight home.
- If the worker is severely ill (e.g., difficulty breathing, chest pain), call 911.
- All surfaces that the ill worker comes into contact with will be cleaned.